Sunday, March 27, 2011

WHAT!?

Adele concert next weekend!!!
Don't know who she is? See link below.
Thanks to the very talented Jordan Winn for this link on his site. Check it out, "Hook Up Your Music". This site is dedicated to getting new artists or songs noticed.

Let's talk about these tickets for a little shall we...
We missed the UPS man both times he visited our piso. So I contacted the appropriate people to figure out where the office was. (Look at me being all responsible). Find out the office is an HOUR metro ride to the other side of town into zone B1. What's zone B1... no mans land, that's what it is!

Attempt number one: We made it out there and started walking towards the office (well, what we thought was the right direction). We needed to go north, but we were headed south. Once we figured it out we turned around. I swear we walked into the next town, it was such a long friggin walk.

Finally made it to the biggest UPS warehouse ever! We weren't sure how to get in or where the office was exactly because there was 30+ truck stalls for loading and unloading the packages. Luckly, we found it. We have found the office, Yes! All I can think about is getting these tickets and going home. Once we have them, all we will have to do is wait for the concert.

Oh but that would be too easy.

We're in the office and the gentleman sitting behind the desk (who happened to be wearing a liverpool jersey. My first clue he was bad news bears), told me the tickets were signed off by a John Reyes. WHAT?! My heart sank into the pit of my stomach. I had no idea what to say back to this man in spanish (I had another one of those brain blackouts where I can't think straight in spanish and get really flustered). Meredith took over, thank God for her. She asked him what this meant we were suppose to do because neither one of us is John nor was a John authorized to sign off for them. He ran to the back to talk to his manager...so we sat and waited.

Wating, waiting, waiting, uhh... I felt sick. Finally the guy comes back and tells us the address they were sent to. Turns out John Reyes is the secretary of Seatwave, the company we bought our tickets from.
After a four hour trip to no mans land, we made it home empty handed.

Attempt number two: I contacted Seatwave and explained to them that our tickets were sent to their office branch in Madrid. I kindly asked if it would be easier to pick them up there instead of messing with UPS again.
No reply. Hmm... I'll wait until tomorrow to see what they say...
Next Day: Nothing. Maybe I'll give them one more day.
Next Day: Nothing.
Alright, time to do work.

Gathered all my information that I needed and went to the site I purcased the tickets.
Huh, there is an instant messanger help link. BAM! Clicked it and started typing. Stan, the seatwave helper on the messanger, informed me to remain calm and he would find where the tickets were. My reply: I am calm, I just want my money back if I don't recieve these tickets in time for the concert. Stan: Contact UPS, they have them. Me: WRONG! Already tried that Stan. They were sent to back to a seatwave branch in Madrid. I want to pick them up there if that's okay?

Stan gave me the address and their hours. He said he contacted them and told them we were on our way. NICE! Finally, get the tickets and be done with it! Geez...

Oh but that would be too easy.

Attempt number three: Started on our journey to the Seatwave office. We successfully found the address Stan gave us, but...
It was an apartment building.

We thought maybe Seatwave was inside? But how do we get into the building. We didn't know which room to buzz to let us. So like a couple of creepers, we waited until someone exited the building and snuck in before the door shut.
Ok, we're in. Now what? Lets look at the mailboxes for John Reyes or Seatwaves name. This building was eleven floors, so we had a lot of mailbox names to go through. Finally we found John Reyes mailbox, but it didn't have a floor number or anything on it. Where is this invisible room?! Ok time to use process of elimination. Meredith took one half, I took the other and we started counting the mailboxes. There were 4 rooms on every floor. We found a mailbox for every room on every floor but not one belonged to John Reyes. His mailbox was roomless. JOHN REYES were are you?! We were very frustrated at this time. Okkkkay, let's ask the next person that walks in for help. A man walks in, "Disculpe, ¿puedes ayudarme?" Nope, shot down. He walked quickly to the elevator and starred at us awkwardly until it arrived. The next lady was much more willing to help. She told us she thought that mailbox belonged to room 2 on floor 10, even though there was already a seperate mailbox labled floor 10 room 2. We buzzed it and no one answered.

Feeling very defeated and crunched for time, Meredith thought maybe we should e-mail seatwave after class and get better directions. I'm much to stubborn to quit though. For whatever reason Sherlock Holmes popped into my head. What would he have noticed and concluded from everything we saw. Time to think like Mr. Holmes. While we were inside we did, in fact, find a mailbox for John Reyes, which means this is where he picks up his mail. There was a white door by the mailboxes. Every mailbox was accounted for except for J.R. Perhaps that door led to Seatwave?! We went to the room attached to building 4 next door. Guess what...SEATWAVE! YES!!!! That white door led into the back of there office. I don't know why the address didn't say building 4 1/2, I would of known to look next door the first time.

Victory, we finally have our tickets.

You think it'd get better from here. But oh no no no, that would be too easy.

As you all know, I am always flustered about doing well in class and making sure I will pass. Well, thursday March 24th did not help my case.

Thursday March 24th, 2011 at approximately 1:10 Spain time: My professor informed the class that we will have our midterm Saturday April 2nd. Yes, you read it correctly. We were given a week and a couple days notice that we have an exam, a very important exam, on a SATURDAY. Just happens to be the SAME saturday of the Adele concert in Barcelona. I didn't know whether I should laugh, cry, or ignore it. For a split second I even talked myself into thinking maybe April Fool's Day is on the 2nd in Spain and this was just a joke. Sadly, it wasn't.
We went through sooooo much work to hunt down those tickets and for WHAT?! To not go because we have an exam. Who does that anyway? An exam on a Saturday...that's just silly!

But God is always smiling down on us.

Friday March 25h, 2011 at 1:05: Our teacher told us for the first time in a long time that the Falculty will be closed Saturday. No exam!!! Ha ha ha yeah buddy. Thank you baby Jesus! I know that had your name written all over it. The first saturday in forever that the school hasn't been open, and it just so happens to be the same saturday we were suppose to have an exam. Truly amazing.

Needless to say this concert better be good!

Excited for next weekend,
Kimee Paige

P.S. We also went to Toledo yesterday. It was so cool. I'll write about it another day since this post is already long enough. If you're anything like me, you won't even attempt reading something if it looks too long haha. So I'll save Toledo for another day.

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat" -Malcolm S. Forbes

1 comment:

  1. Haha that would only happen to you sis

    ReplyDelete